Saturday, December 5, 2009

Garden Resources at the Library

I had an unexpected surprise - I found an updated version of John Jeavon's original book, now titled How to Grow More Vegetables and Fruits (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine, on my college's online library. This is great! I can use this book until I get my own copy. This is a great reference book, so its worth getting. Even when I do get the book the online library version will be helpful when I lend this book to others.

Libraries are very helpful. Some helpful keywords to look for information about sustainable gardening are:

- gardening

- kids garden

- edible landscaping

- permaculture

- Jeavons, John

- Mollison, Bill

- sustainable

- bee keeping

- edible plants

Your library may have other resources. Some libraries have groups that share interests. They might have a directory that leads to nurseries or groups. They may have computers for accessing internet information. They might be able to get a book from another library for you to borrow.

You could also help start gardening resources at the library. This could even provide you with free seeds and cuttings! That is good for sustainability, variety, and community.

2 comments:

  1. It's best knowledge shared on this topic. I have never seen such accurate post
    read more..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing article. keep posting such great content on daily basis it literally attracts us all the time to your blog
    see more..

    ReplyDelete